For the most fanatic football bettor, the real thrill is in taking on accumulator bets.
This means you place a wager on the outcomes of two, three or more matches simultaneously, and if you guess correctly on all fronts then your odds will stack up to yield an enormous profit.
Another popular bet type for football betting apps is the handicap bet, because it typically offers better odds than standard bets. A handicap bet can be found on any good football betting app and involves the weaker team being given a slight advantage by the bookmaker over their stronger opponent. So in a handicap bet of (-0.5) vs (+0.5), the stronger team has its advantage taken away by the minus handicap. So if that team wins 1-0, the bookmaker will consider it a draw because the winner loses 0.5 and the loser gains 0.5.
Did you know?
- With football being such a popular sport worldwide, there is an illegal betting market that involves billions of dollars every year.
- Furthermore, there have always been rumours of corruption and match-fixing, with cases of FIFA executives being involved tarnishing the reputation of the governing body.
- The authorities are always trying to clamp down on corruption, but you should beware of football betting rackets running through websites, mobile apps and social media platforms.
The world of football betting is vast and complicated, with a huge number of variables to consider when making predictions and an enormous range of outcomes to wager on. There are some very detailed strategies people use when betting on football with the best football betting apps, and it would be a good idea for you to research and read about them if you want to make a commitment to betting on football markets. But there are some fundamental football betting tips that apply to most strategies which you can keep in mind when you use the best football betting apps.
First, you should always confirm the final lineups of both teams before placing a wager on a particular match. Things can change at the last minute in football – sometimes, a key player will get injured during the warm-up right before a match is due to start, and this can cause the odds to shift dramatically. Football teams are greater than the sum of their parts, but if there are any last-minute changes enforced it can make a significant difference to the way a team performs on the pitch. Keeping up-to-date with team news via football betting app is absolutely essential for anyone hoping to succeed with their bets.
Another important statistic to check is the recent performance of both teams and every player involved. Examining form over the last 5 games is important to get an idea of whether a team is on a winning or losing streak because this impacts on morale and can sometimes be an indicator that there are issues behind the scenes. If a team has been dominating its opponents recently, or a particular player has been scoring freely, these are relatively safe bets for you to take up. Likewise, if a team has been losing heavily against all manner of opponents recently, you can feel quite confident that they won’t win, particularly against strong opposition. Understanding recent form is just as important as knowing how good a team looks on paper, so do your homework before placing a bet at football betting websites Canada. If you follow the competition closely as a fan and use a good football betting app, this shouldn’t be too much of a chore.
Finally, one of the simplest (but most important) things to consider is which team is playing at home. In football, the home advantage can make all the difference to the way a team performs. For example, when Jose Mourinho first took over as manager of Chelsea in the English Premier League, he had an astonishing record of never losing a league game at home in three seasons! The support of home fans and the familiarity with the surroundings can help even weaker teams overcome strong opposition, and the odds at the best bookies for football in Canada will reflect this. You should never ignore the home/away factor when placing a bet on football with the best football betting apps.
With the best football betting app, you can wager on more than just games. If you like, you can bet on careers, like specifying which player will be sold to which team, or which manager will be fired next. There are all sorts of ways to bet on this incredibly popular sport, so you should treat it like any financial market and study the layout, look for an edge and attempt to capitalise on it. Here are some of the most common types of odds you will see in football betting via any good football betting app.
First of all, there are outright odds, which are fairly simplistic. You can bet this way on all sorts of competitions, from the most popular leagues to more obscure ones like the Turkey Super Lig or the Belgian Jupiler League. It covers all cup competitions and basically involves you betting on the outcome of the entire tournament. Who will win the Premier League? Who will be relegated? Who will be the overall top scorer? The best football betting sites Canada offers take bets on futures, and you can make a wager right at the outset or hang back a little to see how the early stages unfold.
The next option is moneyline odds, which really are the bread and butter of football wagering on the best football betting apps. You must understand that moneylines in football are three-way, because the outcome of an individual football match is not just that either team will win. There is also the possibility of a draw, wherein the scores remain level after 90 minutes. Even in knockout competitions, where extra time and penalties must be played to determine a winner, the ‘draw’ option remains relevant because moneyline odds apply only to the score after 90 minutes. You can take up Double Chance odds, allowing you to select two of the tree outcomes for a higher price and less value. Betting on matches is thrilling, and live betting can make it all the more exciting as you get new odds as the action unfolds.
Another option is over under odds, where you bet on how many goals will be scored in a particular game. When teams with a great attacking or defensive record play, you will see odds that reflect this, so your knowledge of a team’s recent form will be very important with this type of bet. You can also take on Correct Score odds on a football betting app, which can be very lucrative if you have an eye for accurately predicting final scores and scorers. In any case, you should look for the best & latest value betting bookmaker app Canada has.
There are many huge events that take place in the football world throughout the playing season. They offer regular opportunities for people to gamble on all sorts of outcomes, involving the very best players, teams, managers and fans from all over the world. It is the sheer number of exciting, high-profile betting opportunities that makes football such a thrilling market to bet on, and the best bookmakers and football betting apps in Canada offers will give coverage to all these opportunities.
- In North America, the most popular league is the US MLS, which has grown in stature in recent years, attracting some top players from all over the world to add to the roster of home-grown talent.
- The most popular league in the world is undoubtedly the English Premier League, where many of the world’s most famous and highly-rated teams and players compete for glory.
- Other popular world leagues include Spain’s La Liga, Italy’s Serie A, Germany’s Bundesliga and France’s Ligue 1.
Teams in domestic leagues also compete in various cup competitions. These can be knockout tournaments that only involve teams from a single country, like the English FA Cup, or international tournaments like the prestigious UEFA Champions League. Furthermore, national teams call up the best players of different nationalities to compete in tournaments like the African Cup of Nations, European Cup and the coveted FIFA World Cup, all of which are open to many different types of bet for people to enjoy. You may even want to explore the best & latest virtual betting bookmaker app in Canada. Punters must take a good look at what’s available because the only way to succeed in football betting is to follow things like the form of teams and players. If a league or other competition isn’t likely to sustain your interest, you should probably look elsewhere to be able to keep following on your football betting app and make accurate predictions for your betting.
When you evaluate different sportsbooks, there are various questions you should be asking to determine the quality of what you find. These questions will give you a comprehensive idea of the key considerations every sensible bettor needs to factor in, so keep the following thoughts in mind when you look at the best football betting apps.
- Are there lots of wagering options? A good football betting app will give you a wide range of options for betting on football to ensure you get the full experience and every opportunity to bet and win your way.
- What bonuses are offered? A good betting platform should give incentives to its players, in the form of welcome offers like free bets, deposit bonuses and loyalty programmes. If an operator doesn’t offer value to its customers, it isn’t worth your time.
- Is the football betting app high quality? The interface should look great on your device and be highly user-friendly. If it doesn’t run well on your mobile device, you should move on – let’s face it, we all do most of our betting from phones or tablets. So you’ll need the best & latest iPhone betting bookmaker iOS app Canada has available.
- Are the deposit/withdrawal options good? The best football betting apps offer multiple deposit methods, and you don’t want to be hit with lengthy delays to payouts. We have a guide to the best & latest cashout betting bookmaker app in Canada.
- Does the online gambling provider have a good reputation? There are various ways of checking the reputation of a provider, so read user reviews, look at their credentials, and be sure you don’t pick an untrustworthy bookie.
- What’s the customer service like? You should look for a bookmaker that makes itself available around the clock to deal with issues. The best football betting apps in Canada will offer multiple options to contact the customer service department, with live chat being a popular one.
- Do they offer the right languages and currencies? Is the provider’s content available in English, and do they offer the option to fund your account in Canadian dollars?
We would be remiss to talk about online football betting in Canada without mentioning the CSL. It is a semi-professional league exclusively for Canadian football clubs located primarily in the province of Ontario, and it is the successor to the Canadian National Soccer League. It is affiliated with the Soccer Federation of Canada, and it is a non-FIFA league that consists of 16 teams across two divisions. Clubs compete in a season that runs from May to October, with the majority of games taking place at weekends. The league is small in scale, but the popularity of the sport is increasing in Canada and it is likely that the domestic league will continue to grow as a result and you’ll find plenty of bets for it with the best football betting app. If you want to wager on a sport that’s already huge in Canada, check out our page on the best horseracing betting apps Canada has to offer.
Some football betting apps will offer odds on domestic competitions and matches in Canada, but they will not usually be the primary focus as there is more money to be made from the overseas contests. Nevertheless, if you want to keep it purely Canadian, you can look for vendors that offer odds on CSL matches and immerse yourself in the excitement of supporting and following your local team. The best bookies for football Canada will have you covered, and the best football betting app offers opportunities to bet on leagues from all over the world, so sign up today!