Rugby Betting Tips For Canada
We’ve got some great rugby betting tips and predictions for you. At Wetten.com we like to think of ourselves as the betting experts. So, whether we are offering you the best betting tips on snooker, basketball, Greyhound racing, UFC, Spanish football or the World Cup we will make sure you have the best advice and information to create the very best bets you can. Rugby is no different and this is why we’ll give you some top rugby betting tips. Not only can you make bets on the overall winners of the major events within the sport. But you can also bet on individual performances from, who scores the most tries, to the player who drops the most goals, among many others. For Canadian rugby fans keen to get involved, here is a guide to the best rugby betting predictions.
Research by World Rugby has shown more than 50 million fans in North America follow the sport. Canada has begun to show signs that it might be ready to deliver success on the field in both codes of rugby – rugby league or rugby union – and, regardless, the sports remain extremely popular to TV audiences. With Canada’s rugby league franchise Toronto Wolfpack threatening to qualify for Super League in the coming years and the the national team regular qualifiers for the Rugby Union World Cup, the future is bright. The betting community in Canada follow both league and union closely with their rugby tips. Many of the top betting sites carry rugby betting predictions for the weekend and the latest rugby betting tips, with both sports offering opportunities to use your knowledge to make your interest into a lucrative pastime.
Is Rugby Betting Legal In Canada?
First of all – yes, it is completely 100% legal to bet on rugby in Canada and this is why we give you rugby tips. The Canadian government do, perhaps understandably, have a series of fixed guidelines to ensure rugby betting sites are closely regulated in Canada and must be granted a licence in order to operate. However, those guidelines do not apply to websites based outside Canada that still offer the latest rugby tips. So even if you are based in Canada you can still log on to an off-shore rugby betting site and use free rugby betting tips to place your bets without fear that you are breaking any laws or doing anything illegal.
So what kind of rugby betting tips and predictions can you expect? Rugby is divided into two distinct sports. Rugby Union, which is the oldest and more widely played sport, and Rugby League. Union dates back to 1823, when a pupil at Rugby School in the UK picked up a football during a match and ran with it, thus starting a new sport. A split then came in 1890 when a number of clubs in the north of England broke away to form their own sporting body, in a row over payments to players. Rugby League became a professional sport almost immediately, but Rugby Union did not turn professional for another 100 years. Rugby Union is played by teams of 15 players, while Rugby League has only 13 on each side. In both sports, tries are scored by touching the ball down across the try line. In Union you are awarded five points for a try, in League you get 4. All of this will be factored into our rugby free betting tips.
Claim up to 100$ bonus now!
Did you know?
- Rugby balls were originally made from pig bladders. The first ever balls were made by Richard Lindon, who stitched a leather casing around a pig bladder, with the ball taking an oval shape. Until 1892, a round ball – rather like a football – was used.
- Basketball was invented by a rugby coach.
- The Six Nations An annual international tournament which pits England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, France and Italy against each other. The fixtures reverse each year, so if England play Scotland in London one year, they will play each other in Edinburgh the next year. The Six Nations began as the Home Nations Championship in 1883, with England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland competing. France joined as the competition expanded into the Five Nations in 1910 before becoming the Six Nations in the year 2000 when Italy joined. A team that wins all five of its matches is known as the Grand Slam champions, while the Triple Crown is awarded to either England, Scotland, Ireland or Wales, when one of those nations wins all three of their matches against the other home nations. You can expect plenty of rugby betting tips for this tournament.
- The Lions The British & Irish Lions are a touring team made up of the best players from England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. They take it in turns to tour New Zealand, Australia and South Africa every four years, with those sides seen to be able to cope with the best representative side in the world. The Lions are a huge brand in rugby and the series attract massive interest across the sport. Betting on Lions tours are big business and the commercial revenue is almost on a par with the World Cup and we’ll give you lots of rugby betting tips and predictions for this.
- Super Rugby We’ve got lots of free rugby betting tips for this contest. Arguably the best non-international rugby competition on the planet, Super Rugby sees the best provincial teams from Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Argentina and Japan play against each other. It began as Super 12 in 1995 after rugby turned professional and expanded to Super 14 in 2006. When the Jaguares from Argentina and the Sunwolves from Japan joined an expanded competition in 2016 the number was dropped from the name of the league – which is now known simply as Super Rugby. Teams from New Zealand have historically had the best of the competition, winning 16 championships out of 23. The Crusaders have a record nine Super Rugby championship wins so you can expect plenty of top rugby betting predictions for this team.
Free Rugby betting tips for Canada
In both sports, there are a huge variety of markets and types of bets available Here is a guide so that you can use them with your rugby free betting tips:
Betting lines simply a different way of betting on a particular event, match or outcome. In the UK and Europe, a series of betting options for a rugby match would be known as markets, in North America, the same thing is known as betting lines. Here are a few types of lines or markets you are likely to see when you are looking at rugby betting tips in Canada.
- Match result: This is the simplest bet you can make in rugby. Which team will win any given match? Draws, while rare, certainly do happen, but you will see longer odds for that line. But most matches in both codes end with one team losing and another winning. If you study the form and previous results between the sides, you should get a good indication as to which way the match will go. Upsets are common in both codes of rugby so don’t always feel you have to bet on the favourite. You may also find betting promotions that take in the match result and a scorer. So, you may see Canada to beat USA and the first try to be scored by Luke Campbell at much longer odds than a straight Canada win.
- Handicap: Rugby betting sites will always try and tempt customers into betting on matches, even if the odds on the result of the match is not enough to persuade them to part with their money. A handicap gives one team, or another a head start on points in the bet and we’ll advise you about this in our rugby betting tips. So, if England are playing Italy in the Six Nations Championship, England would start as strong favourites to win. But if the rugby betting website gave Italy a 30-point head start that would change the odds hugely. Keep your eyes out for these, they can offer excellent value.
- Winning margin: This is your chance to bet on how many points you think one team will beat the other by and it’s easy to use with rugby tips. Most rugby betting tips and websites will show markets for this type of bet. Using the England versus Italy example, you might see England to beat Italy by between 20 and 30 points at 16-1. You are also likely to be offered odds below and above those points margins and the odds will change depending on rugbytips for that weekend.
- Double result: Rugby matches – in both codes – are split into two halves. Rugby betting tips may give you an indication of which way to bet when it comes to the score at half-time and then full-time. The options might include bets that put Italy ahead at half-time and England winning at full-time. Or a draw at half-time and an England win at full-time.
Latest Rugby Betting Tips: How To Be Successful
There are no guarantees of success when it comes to betting on rugby or following rugby predictions for this weekend but there are things you can do to give yourself the best possible chance of it being a lucrative pastime. You really can’t beat having your own knowledge about the sport before you make a bet. Lots of websites will carry expert rugby betting predictions from betting tipsters but if you look at the statistics you will always put yourself in the best possible position before you put your money on the table. Both rugby union and rugby league deliver their fair share of shock results. If you follow the form closely and look at injuries, previous results between the sides and even weather conditions, it may help you find incredible value on the market.
It is easy to be successful betting on rugby and therefore it is also easy to get carried away with betting on rugby, especially if you are winning or convinced that a team’s form points to a big win. But it is important you have your own rules and the first one should be to set your limits before you begin and stick to them, however well you think you are doing. Some bookmakers may offer you free bets, which is fine, but sometimes it can feel like the right thing to accept. Always make your rules clear, write them down and then stick to them, whether you are up, down or all square. It is the best way to ensure it is always fun when using rugby free betting tips.
Rugby Betting: Tipsters
At Wetten.com we will always make sure you have the best tips to help you bet on rugby. When you are doing your own homework it may pay to follow expert rugby betting tipsters who can help you get a better idea of which bets may offer the best value. Rugby betting tipsters include former international players and students of the game who understand how one team will match up against another. If you look out for these expert rugby betting predictions it may help you to become more successful when the time comes to put your own money on one team or another.
The World Cup
The biggest event in Rugby Union, the World Cup takes place every four years and was established back in 1987. Only four teams – Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and England – have won the William Webb Ellis Trophy with New Zealand having won back-to-back World Cups in 2011 and 2015. The tournament attracts a global TV audience and huge sums of money from sponsorships and commercial revenue. Betting on the Rugby World Cup also attracts huge sums of money. New Zealand usually start the tournament as favourites, but the likes of Ireland, Wales, Scotland and Argentina also offer good value in the market. We can provide you with the best rugby betting tips and predictions for this tournament.
Claim up to 100$ bonus now!
- Before every international rugby match, teams such as New Zealand, Samoa, Fiji and Tonga perform traditional war dances known as hakas. Each of the countries listed has a different take on the haka but they are incredible to watch and delight the mass TV audiences that follow their matches.
- World Sevens: The World Sevens is a seven-a-side offshoot from rugby union and involves international teams playing each other in a series of tournaments held all over the world. Because there are fewer players on the field of play (which remains the same size as for 15–a-side) more points are scored in less time and the action favours teams with lightning speed and the ability to break the tackle. Because of that, the likes of the USA and Fiji, who are not traditionally able to compete in 15-a-side, have dominated the sport and TV audiences who may not watch the traditional format, are watching World Sevens because of the entertainment value. The series is currently sponsored by HSBC and we’ll help you out with some top rugby free betting tips.
Rugby League Betting: Super League
Super League is the top division of the English Rugby League and remains one of the most competitive competitions in the sport. Because of this we will give you the best rugby betting tips and predictions for this league. Traditional rugby league powerhouses like Wigan Warriors, St Helens, Warrington Wolves and Leeds Rhinos battle it out over the league season to reach the post-season play-offs, rather like the NBA, with two teams eventually reaching the Grand Final.
Super League was once the exclusive domain of English teams but in recent years, Catalan Dragons from France have made a huge impact on the sport and Canadian side Toronto Wolfpack are now pushing for promotion to join them in the top division.
Rugby League Betting: Rugby League World Cup
Want some rugby betting predictions for the Rugby League World Cup? Thiis played every four years and has traditionally been dominated by Australia. It is, as with Rugby Union, the showpiece event for the sport and attracts its biggest TV audiences and betting revenue. Only three countries have won the Rugby League World Cup – Australia on 11 occasions, Great Britain on three and New Zealand have won it once. The tournament is set to expand to 16 teams in 2021. Australia will always start the Rugby League World Cup at the top of the betting but the rise of Fiji and Tonga in recent years means there may be value elsewhere in the market.
At Wetten.com, we’ll help you find bookmakers that cover everything from MMA to the FA Cup, so that you can be kept in touch with the biggest names and events in the sport. With our recommended bookmakers you can place a range of bets on a variety of different markets, including outright win, top try scorer, handicap bets and many, many more. So, if you think England will win the next World Cup or Wigan Warriors will win Super League, then register with one of our recommended bookmakers use turn our free rugby betting tips into lots of winning bets.