Bookmaker complaints in India
How can I complain about a bookmaker?
Online gambling is on the rise, and there are many bookmakers and online casinos coming up and naturally, there is a subsequent increase in the Bookmaker complaints India. While gambling and betting are mostly illegal in India, betting online is not restricted. When gambling online, it is important to know how to make a complaint against a bookmaker in India. In comparison, to offline gambling where it is easy to lodge a complaint with a bookmaker, making online Bookmaker complaints India can be confusing. Whether you want to file a complaint with a bookmaker now, or simply want to know how before you start gambling online, our guide has all the answers so that you can gamble online confidently.
- The legality of online gambling in India
- Know how to safeguard against fraud and scam operators
- Learn how to make a complaint against a bookmaker in India
- Know what information you would need before you initiate a bookmaker complaints India
Is online gambling legal in India?
Physical gambling is illegal in most regions of India, with the exception of Goa, Sikkim, and Daman. Online gambling is legal as long as the gambling service provider is based outside of the Indian territory and holds the requisite licenses. So, if you want to gamble online, the best way to do is register yourself with an international gambling service provider that holds international licenses from authorities such as the UK Gambling Commission or the Malta Gaming Authority.
A lot of websites accept Indian players as well as their currency. There is no rule which mentions online betting being a crime, provided the website is not an Indian betting website. You could check out our list of legal online casinos that are based outside India and offer a lot of thrill and enjoyment to punters worldwide and in India.
How to save yourself from an online fraud bookmaker?
Follow these simple steps, and you will be able to determine if the bookmaker you picked is a legitimate site or a fraud.
- Check where the operator is licensed from. If it is a recognized authority such as the Malta Gaming Authority or UK Gambling Commission, you can rest assure you are playing on a legit website.
- Check which payment methods are supported. If known payment providers such as PayPal or Skrill are connected with an operator, that indicates the operator is most likely genuine.
- Do a background check of how long the operator has been functioning and how are the reviews for its services. If there are multiple negative reviews, you might want to stay away and choose a different operator.
- After a certain period, if the operator is not releasing your withdrawals, then you must raise a red flag. Withdrawals taking extra time should raise a concern on your side. If there are many excuses given, there are high chances the site is a scam.
What must you do when you sign up?
Ensure you give your KYC documents and verify your account properly. This really helps if there are any disputes between you and the bookmaker. Once you verify, your details are documented on the regulatory authority’s database.
Always read all the terms and conditions attached to the bookmaker, so you are not at fault. If you do not understand any clause, check with their customer support to learn more. It is advisable to go through the reviews of the operator or a comparison site like Wetten before making an account so that you know you are on a safe site.
How to make a complaint against a bookmaker in India?
Lodging a complaint is easy when you pick up a licensed operator. Otherwise, it is almost next to impossible to catch an operator who runs away with your money. If you feel a regulated operator has cheated on you, you can contact the regulatory authority directly. Every regulatory body usually has its own method of lodging a complaint. For instance, if you want to resolve a dispute related to a casino regulated by the Malta Gaming Authority, you would need to follow different steps compared to those regulated by the UKGC.
If you are looking for trusted online casinos/bookmakers, then the best way is to play on the bookmakers recommended by Wetten.com. Not only are our recommendations trustworthy, but you also find them to be one of the best bookmakers.
Lodging a complaint/dispute against MGA online bookmakers
If you are having a dispute with an online bookmaker or casino, which is licensed by the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA), you need to follow the steps below:
- Log on to the site https://www.mga.org.mt/support/online-gaming-support/
- Fill in all the relevant details including the operator on whom you want to file a complaint against, your username which you use on the operator’s website, the name of game, the amount which is disputed, date and time when the incident happened, along with a small description explaining your claims.
- Submit the complaint. If you are submitting a false complaint, there could be charges against you. For this reason, a screenshot is helpful as the problem is more transparent.
Lodging a complaint against UK gambling commission online bookmakers
- First, you need to check all the terms and conditions associated with your transaction.
- Using the tools available on the operator’s website, you can directly file your complaint against them by including all the details about your transaction and adding screenshots. It is a good idea to keep a copy of all the emails and details you send across.
- The operator would follow their complaints procedure.
- Upon completing their investigation, they typically come out with an outcome. Here, you have two choices – you are satisfied with the outcome, or you are not. If you aren’t, you move on to the next step.
- You need to move on by complaining about the alternative dispute resolution (ADR) provider.
Information you need before you file bookmaker complaints India
Before you use any method, you would need to have some information in hand. Here they are:
- The name of your bookmaker, along with its license number. You can find this on the homepage of the bookmaker. Or you can ask their customer support to get their license number.
- You may also need to provide a screenshot. It could be where the operator refused to follow the set of rules or anything that created the conflict in the first place. A screenshot is very helpful as they serve as a form of proof for the entire dispute.
Typically, your complaint should be resolved if it is genuine and holds weightage. Ensure that your complaint is fair and for this very reason, we suggest you go through the terms and conditions carefully.
What other betting/casino guides and strategies are available?
Wetten.com’s primary goal is to offer the best betting and casino information under one roof. You could save yourself from all the hassles of how to make a complaint against a bookmaker in India by referring to our guides on the top honest online casino in India. These operators are the most trusted online casinos you shall find in India. Our online betting guides can also help you to find the top online casino in India, online casino with fast payout in India, new online casinos in India and more.
The presence of Bookmaker complaints India helps punters feel more confident about gambling because there is an option for complaint if anything goes wrong. it is important to know how to make a complaint against a bookmaker in India so that you can file a complaint if you come across an issue. Nevertheless, it is essential for you to check the licenses of an operator and also to check if they provide a reasonable platform to share your Bookmaker complaints India. By engaging with an international-based operator with proper licenses, you can avoid illegal activities and scams. To feel safe while gambling online, check our comparisons and detailed reviews of our safe listed sites.