1×2 Betting Explained
What is 1x2 b betting?
If you are new to the sports betting world or unfamiliar with different types of betting strategies, you may ask what is 1×2 betting? For punters who are enthusiastic about football betting in particular, the 1×2 betting strategy is the simplest way to get ahead on the game. Put simply, this strategy involves backing on the results of a game that has three possible outcomes- home win, away win, and draw. However, what might seem easy is not always so. That’s why it’s best to demonstrate what is 1×2 betting with 1X2 bets explained with examples.
- A general description of traditional 1×2 betting
- A brief overview of 1×2 betting in using accumulator bets
- How to place Double Chance bets using 1×2 betting strategy
- The availability of 1×2 betting in handicap bets
- 1X2 bets explained with examples including calculation of total return and profits
Traditional 1x2 betting with an example
When you ask what is 1×2 betting, you will find that this betting style has been referred to by different names by different online bookmakers. Three-way bet, Match betting, and Full-time result are some alternative names of 1×2 betting. However, regardless of the terminology, the basic approach is universal and quite easy to pick up.
The term “1×2 betting” hints at the three choices available in the market – ‘1’ represents backing the home team, ‘x’ indicates backing the draw, and ‘2’ signifies betting on the away team to win. In the case of usual league games, you will win the bet if your prediction matches the actual result of the fixture. But remember, in situations where the match goes into extra time or suffers penalties, the option of a draw is no longer available, and only the result after 90 minutes decides the 1×2 betting results.
Let us understand the concept clearly by citing an example of a possible match in the Indian Super League:
- Say, Goa with odds of 1.64 is represented by ‘1’, Chennaiyin is represented by ‘2’ with odds of 4.53, and the draw is at odds of 3.88 indicated by ‘x’
- 1×2 betting entails that if you stake INR 100, a bet on Goa to win will pay INR 164.
- If you had bet on Chennaiyin to win and they do, you will get a return of INR 453.
- The draw would give a payout of INR 388 if the match ends in a dead heat.
1x2 Accumulator bets with an example
You can either use the 1×2 market to bet on a single match and place a single bet on a specific team (or draw result) or you can choose two or more selections and place a 1×2 accumulator bet. However, the condition is that you will gain a return only when all the parts have won. Even though there is an increased risk, winnings are much higher. You will lose the entire bet even if one of your selections lose. Selections range from double bets to 8-fold accumulators with no upper limit on the number of selections. Consider the following 4-fold accumulator example:
- Match result: ATK 1-0 Bengaluru, Selection: ATK to win, Odds: 1.5, Bet outcome: successful
- Match result: Chennai 2-1 Goa, Selection: Goa to lose, Odds: 1.4, Bet outcome: successful
- Match result: Hyderabad 1-1 Jamshedpur, Selection: Hyderabad to draw, Odds: 3, Bet outcome: successful
- Match result: ATK 0-0 Odisha, Selection: Odisha to draw, Odds: 5, Bet outcome: successful
Assuming a bet of INR 100, the total return = INR 100*1.5*1.4*3*5 = INR 3,150 and the total profit = Total return – initial stake = INR 3.050.
If any selection loses, the stake is lost. In the example above, if ATK fails to defeat Odisha, the “ATK to win” selection will lose, and so will the accumulator. This will cause the punter to suffer an overall loss of INR 100.
1x2 Double Chance bets with an example
The answer to what is 1×2 betting? includes using the 1×2 betting strategy to place Double Chance bets. A double chance bet lets a bettor increase his chances of winning by allowing them to combine two of the three probable outcomes into a single bet.
Thus the three available options are:
- Home or draw – You will win the bet if the home team is victorious or the match ends in a deadlock. You will lose if the away team wins.
- Away or Draw – You will win the bet if the away team wins or the match is a draw. The bet is lost if the home team wins.
- Home or Away – Your bet will win regardless of the side that wins the match. However, a draw means you will lose the bet.
Consider the example of a hypothetical Indian Super League match with the following double chance odds:
- ATK or Draw – 1.14
- Bengaluru or Draw – 2.60
- ATK or Bengaluru – 1.25
If you use the Double Chance betting strategy on this fixture, your total win and profit potential would be as follows:
- ATK or Draw: Total return= INR 100*1.14= INR 114 and profit = INR 14
- Bengaluru or Draw: Total return= INR 100*2.60= INR 260 and profit = INR 160
- ATK or Bengaluru: Total return= INR 100*1.25= INR 125 and profit = INR 25
1x2 in handicap betting with an example
In your quest to know what is 1×2 betting?, you will find that this strategy is often available in handicap bets. It can be a combination of only Asian Handicaps (AH), or it could be a mix with European Handicaps (EH). The underdog gets an advantage from the handicap. Say, the underdog may be given a head start of one goal. Betting on the favourite entails a win only if they outdo the handicapped goals.
Let’s consider the following example of a 3-way handicap bet between three bookies – A, B, and C:
- AH 1 (-0.25): Home team to win; in case of draw half stakes refunded and half lost, odds: 1.82, stake: INR 100
- EH 2 (+1): Away team to win or draw, odds: 2.25, stake: INR 58.66
- AH 2 (-0.5): Away team to win, odds: 4.35, stake: INR 11.49
If your bet in A wins, you will lose your bets in B and C and your profit = INR 100*1.82 – (100+58.66+11.49) = INR 11.85
If the result is a draw, half of your bet in A will be refunded and half lost. Bet in C is also lost. So your profit = INR 58.66 * 2.25 – (50 + 58.66 + 11.49) = 131.98 – 120.15 = INR 11.83
If your bet in B and C win, you lose the stakes in A and your profit = (INR 11.49 * 4.35) + (INR 58.66 * 2.25) – (INR 100 + INR 58.66 + INR 11.49) = 49.98 + 131.98 – 170.15= INR 11.81
What other betting/casino guides & strategies are available?
Given the overwhelming popularity that 1×2 holds among punters and amateur gamblers alike, bookmakers have started offering more competitive odds in an effort to stop having to dole out handsome returns. However, a punter can’t stay restricted to only one kind of betting strategy and learn from 1X2 Bets Explained with Examples. They need to mix and match. You could also look at In-Play Tennis Betting Strategy India, Value Bet Strategy and Matched Betting Strategy India provided by Wetten.com.
The 1×2 betting strategy is one of the simplest among the different types of bets available in the betting market. As long as there is a possibility of a draw, this strategy can be applied to any game. With a logic that is easy to understand, the traditional 1×2 betting can be used by any punter to get an advantage in the game of football. Once you have aced the basic skills, you can move on to elaborate strategies like placing multiple bets with accumulators, placing Double Chance bets, or engage in handicap betting. Remember, before placing bets, study each technique carefully to increase your chances of winning.