What is Asian Handicap betting?
What is Asian handicap betting? is a question that even experienced punters tend to ask. In a nutshell, Asian handicap betting is a particular type of Handicap betting where the odds are evened out. It is a slightly advanced form of Handicap betting but can be useful if you learn the basics of it. That’s because, in Asian Handicap Betting, you can win the bet depending upon the set Handicap. Read this guide to further your understanding of Asian handicap betting explained – Table, odds and rules.
- What is Asian handicap betting
- Asian Handicap eliminates the possibility of a draw
- Fixed odds provide a much better profit margin when betting on underdogs
- You can still win the bet even if your team loses the game
What is Asian Handicap Betting?
Before you go on to place your Asian Handicap bet, you first need to understand the meaning behind both the terms, namely Handicap and Asian Handicap. So, the term handicap here refers to the bookies giving the Underdogs a virtual lead before the game actually even begins. The lead is virtual because each game starts on level ground.
Now, since the edge is given to the Underdogs from the favourites point of view, this lead is with a handicap which they would have to overcome if they want to win the game in the view of the bookmakers. You might be wondering where is the fairness if a team begins the game with a deficit. Well, the Handicap is placed to eliminate the possibility of a draw as a possible outcome. As the favourites have a higher probability of winning the game, that is the reason they have to overcome the wall of this Handicap.
How do the bookies place an Asain Handicap bet?
Now that you understand what is Asian Handicap Betting let us now move onto understanding how would you place an Asian handicap bet. There are two ways in which you can put an Asian Handicap bet:
- By placing it on the winning team: When bookies place the Handicap on the winning side, this is done by reducing a certain number of goals from their total goal tally. So, for example, if the Handicap on Liverpool was set as -1 and they drew Blackburn 1-1. In the eyes of the bet, Blackburn would win the match because you will have to reduce one goal from Liverpool’s goal tally.
- By placing it on the losing team: For the Underdogs, the goals are added to their tally. So in the same example, if the Handicap on Blackburn is +1 and they draw 1-1, they would again win because we would add one goal to their final goal tally.
What is the Asian handicap table?
Punters usually employ the use of a table to simplify their calculations about Asian Handicap Betting. This table is known as the Asian handicap table. This table is generally divided into two parts, namely placing the bets on Underdogs and favourites. These two subsections are divided into three other sections, namely the final scoreline, the Handicap, and the result of the chance. This table allows the punter to access all the information that is required to make an accurate bet.
If you keep this table intact and record your bets this way you will have all the past records which would help you in making the correct prediction regarding which team is going to be victorious. The presence of all the handicaps placed also will allow you to predict whether the favourites will be able to surmount the handicap or not. It would be best to move onto what the various types of Asian handicap bets or Asian Handicap betting odds are.
Asian handicap odds
- Asian Handicap full line: In straightforward terms, Asian handicap full lines mean the Handicap which is set would be of integral value. So, handicaps like +1,+2,-1,-2, etc. would be an example of an Asian Handicap full line. So, if you bet on Blackburn +2 or Liverpool -1, you would be said to be placing an Asain handicap full line.
- Asian Handicap half-line: In Asian Handicap, half-line the Handicap would be having a factor of 0.5 in their decimal value. So, bets like Liverpool -2.5 and Blackburn +1.5 are examples of half-line Asian handicap betting.
- Asian handicap quarter line: Now, in the Asian handicap quarter line, the Handicap would have a factor of 0.25 or 0.75 in their decimal value. The main difference here is that if the quarter line is -0.25 and your team draws, then you get half your stake back while the other half is taken by the bookie.
Asian Handicap total
There is another popular way in which you can put your Asian handicap bet. It is known as Asians Handicap total. They are:
- Asian total Full line: Asian total Full line betting is when you place your bets on the total amount of goals scored in the game. But in full-line, you can only choose the integral values of the goals scored. So if you place your bet of over two on Asian total Full line you would win the bet if there are more than two goals in the game and would lose if there are less than two goals scored in the game
- Asian total half-line: Asian total half-line primarily works in the same way as the Asian Handicap half lines. Your amount will get divided, and you would only get half if a draw occurs. For a +0.75 Asian total odds, your stake gets distributed, and you get half back if there are no goals. You win if there are more than two goals.
Asian handicap betting rules
- Asian handicap Full line Betting rules: Betting on integral numbers is known as betting on Asian Handicap betting full line. So, If you go for Liverpool -1, you will get your stake back if Liverpool wins by a one-goal margin. You would lose the bet if they draw or lose the game. You will gain the bet if Liverpool manages to win by a margin of two goals or more.
- Asian Handicap half-line Betting rules: Since in football, half a goal is unachievable so betting on half-line will never lead to a draw. If you bet on Liverpool -2.5, you will only win the bet if Liverpool wins by a margin of 3 goals or more.
- Asian handicap quarter line Betting rules: Since the stake gets divided in quarter line so for a -0.75 quarter line, if the team wins with one goal, then your stake gets divided, and you only get half of it back.
What other Betting guides and strategies are available?
After learning what is Asian Handicap betting and Asian handicap betting explained – Table, odds and rules, you would have understood the complicated nature of these type of bets. To improve your chance of winning, our experts advise you to couple Asian Handicap betting with other Strategies like 1X2 betting or how to use an accumulator. You can also learn about how to do matched betting or football betting strategies. Wetten.com provides extensive betting resources including online betting guides and strategies that you can use to improve your betting skills.
Now that you know what is Asian handicap betting, and have had Asian handicap betting explained – Table, odds and rules, you can try this type of bet. We recommend you first try out Asian Handicap betting on football. Keep in mind that in Asian Handicap, you have a chance of getting your stake (or half of the stake) back, which is why it differs from other handicap bets. Bet on a Wetten.com recommended operator and never stop experimenting till you master the art of placing and winning your Asian Handicap bets.
What is asian handicap betting FAQ
What is Asian handicap betting?
If you’ve used sports betting sites in the past then you’ll know that there are numerous ways in which operators try to keep things interesting, from accumulators to spread betting. Handicap betting is another form of the latter and has gained particular popularity with Asian betting markets. Our guide to Asian handicap betting explains the ins and outs of this format and gives you all the information you need to give it a go yourself.
Is Asian handicap popular in sports betting?
All sports betting fans are different and each will have their own preferences when it comes to making bets. Asian handicap betting is just another option available and has its pros and cons, just like any other format. If you are unclear on what is involved in Asian handicap betting, then it is a good idea to check out our guide to see how it works and whether or not it’s something that appeals to you.
How to use Asian handicap betting?
Asian handicap betting is a form of spread betting that many sports fans may already be familiar with. Different platforms have different ways of implementing the handicap, but it is particularly popular with football betting. Our guide to Asian sports betting explains the finer points of the format and will tell you how and where you can use it in your own sports betting.
What does +0.5 handicap mean?
Asian handicap, like regular spread betting, offers sports fans a different way to bet. Whilst some of the items may appear confusing at first, especially as there are already enough numbers displayed by betting platforms, the concept is actually fairly straightforward, once you understand how it works. You will find all the information you need on Asian handicap betting, as well as an explanation of different terms used, in our comprehensive guide.