Making A Payment With PayPal – Step by Step
Although PayPal is a widely used payment method, it may not be familiar to everyone. As is the case with U.S. online casinos that accept Apple Pay or gambling using Venmo, PayPal can be used for payments and withdrawals nationally as well as internationally. It even does the currency exchange when making international payments.
PayPal is effortless to set up. Up next, we’ll list and describe the steps that clients need to follow to set up an account for gambling using PayPal.
- The client should search for PayPal with their internet browser.
- They should select PayPal and read all about what it offers, as well as the terms and conditions of this service.
- They should create a profile using their email address and password.
- The client can then decide if they would like to link their PayPal account to a US bank or a credit card.
- Once a bank or credit card is selected, the client needs to link their PayPal to the respective provider.
- Verification may take a while, depending on the bank.
- Once the account is verified, the client can send and receive funds on this platform.
PayPal does not have monthly fees nor a minimum amount that needs to be deposited. Unlike most banks, a PayPal account will not go dormant if the balance is $0.00. Online deposits can be made from a PayPal account using email details as long as there is a positive account balance. This is how gambling using PayPal can be achieved.
Average Time of PayPal
After the initial verification and linking the deposit process, gambling using PayPal does get simpler. Payments or which are made from a PayPal account will appear instantly. That is why U.S. casinos that accept PayPal are more popular than those that don’t.
A withdrawal from PayPal is dependent on the source of payment. A PayPal deposit into the player’s account, for live casino gambling, may take anything from a day to six days to reflect.
Not every casino with online slots that pays real money accepts PayPal for payment and withdrawal purposes because of PayPal’s rigorous policies.
These online casinos that do accept PayPal have to be licensed and secure. It, therefore, sets the clients mind at ease as well, by knowing the Casino is reliable.
It is also important to note that sometimes gambling using Visa or the bank that is linked to the PayPal account has its own rules. The provider may have their waiting periods before the funds from PayPal may be withdrawn.
It’s thus essential that the client familiarises themselves with all these rules. To avoid disappointment and frustration, the client should enquire about their bank’s turnaround times for fund withdrawals from PayPal.
PayPal Verification Requirements
For a PayPal account to be considered verified, it needs to be linked. The client has two options in terms of connecting. They may elect to link their PayPal account to a US bank account or toa credit card.
Verification can be done in a few simple steps. When the potential player decides to link a credit card, the method to verify the account is as follows:
- Once logged in, the client needs to select the option that says ‘add or edit credit card’.
- They need to fill in all the required fields where after they select the icon that says “add card”.
- A nominal fee will be charged to the users’ account and shortly reimbursed.
- The client needs to then select an option which says ‘confirm card’. This option will also cause a charge to go off from the users’ account. It will generate a 4-digit-code. The charge amount will be reimbursed within five days.
- The final step is to insert the 4-digit-code into the required field on the PayPal site, and confirm. At this point, the amount is verified.
When a client opts to verify their account with a linked bank account, the process is similar. The only difference is that instead of charging, PayPal makes two separate deposits to the client.
Those deposits are less than $1. The client needs to fill in the two deposit amounts on the PayPal site. At this point, the account is verified.
The History of PayPal
When deciding on using a new platform for payment, it may seem a bit daunting. A client using PayPal for the first time may feel slightly sceptical about a provider. It may be beneficial to read and understand the history of PayPal.
PayPal is a service that enables you to do various financial transactions. It is a digital payment platform that is widely used. It is used all over the world, and this is in terms of both national and international payments.
PayPal was initially created in 1998. The original name was Confinity Inc. It was a software company intended for Palm Pilot payments and cryptography. Confinity launched the product of PayPal in 1999. It later merged with X.com in March 2000. Corporate restructuring occurred, and the merged product was named PayPal.
After an IPO, eBay purchased PayPal in 2002. The two separated in 2015 to become individual entities. PayPal was taken public in 2002. The IPO was listed at $13 per share. In 2005, PayPal decided to expand its e-commerce business and provide added security.
In 2007, PayPal partnered with Mastercard to provide further convenience to its clients. In August 2012, PayPal partnered with Discover Card. In July 2015, PayPal became a separate entity from eBay.
The eBay and PayPal agreement is set to end in 2020. PayPal went on to partner with Instagram on March 19 2019. They have also launched a peer to peer payment service called PayPal me.
Payment Method Compared to Other Providers
With globalization and everything being brought to digital platforms, it becomes hard to differentiate between providers. There are so many options with regards to payment methods. Even in terms of digital platforms for payment, there are several ones to choose from.
Even amongst digital payment platforms, it’s not easy to decide which ones are best. Most online entertainment entities and U.S. casinos online that accept PayPal also accept various other platforms.
In terms of digital payment options, some are superior with regards to versatility. Versatility refers to the types of payments that can be made from this platform. It also refers to the deposits and withdrawal options as well as expected waiting periods for funds to reflect.
There are certain points that are unique to PayPal as a provider. These are some of the reasons for its popularity:
- PayPal has excellent security software which is able to detect Relocation and any fraudulent changes to IP.
- No banking information of the client is revealed when payments are made.
- A PayPal account holder can link up to 8 email addresses to a single bank account.
- Withdrawal of funds is easy and can be done from the linked credit card.It has an automated currency conversion process. It converts funds based on current exchange rates, thus eliminating extra bank charges.
- PayPal supports multiple languages. There are currently over 20.
- Transaction Protection. PayPal is able to hold funds for up to 180 days in the event of a scam or fraudulent activity. This feature requires proof and is implemented in the interest of both the prospective buyer and the prospective seller.
- For US account holders, there is a feature called “Bill me later”. This allows the client to make a purchase, even with a shortage of funds. The amount would be later debited from their account.
- Efficient customer support.
- Optional Account options, depending on what the client’s primary needs are.
- Setting up the account is very simple and only takes a few minutes.
- PayPal’s rules are country-specific to curb acts of money laundering and fraud.
- PayPal is easily linked with companies such as Payoneer and eBay.
- Global presence: PayPal is used in over 170 countries.
Most Popular Payment Methods
Many clients and prospective online casino players find it difficult to decide which payment method to use. Even though there are many U.S. online casinos that accept PayPal, new players may find themselves conflicted. Using a US online casino guide could clear up a lot of uncertainty in this matter.
Scepticism also tends to be high with regards to online financial platforms. Questions involving safety and security are among the most common concerns. Where players are using real money, they want to ensure that they are not going to experience loss in the form of scams and fraud.
These fears and concerns are perfectly normal. The internet is wrought with scams and schemes. PayPal however, is a perfectly secure site with millions of satisfied users worldwide. What makes PayPal secure is that when transacting, no banking details or account information is exposed.
This minimises the client’s risk. PayPal’s software is also set up with security measures to protect their clients, even going as far as detecting the clients’ location after a login. It is therefore fair to say that enjoying some gambling games online using PayPal is generally safe.
As with most online providers, PayPal supplies its basic information on its website. Most aspects of gambling using PayPal are easy to understand. The website has a simple design which is exceptionally user-friendly.
The prompts are easy to follow, and there are step by step instructions which guide the user. The site also explains what its functions are and how to use its features. The users’ fund balance is also clearly visible on the site.
Even though PayPal has utilized a simple and user-friendly design, some aspects are still not clearly understood. In employing a non-complex approach, PayPal’s site does not necessarily provide all the information required by new-comers.
It is for this reason that PayPal has allocated a frequently asked question (FAQ) to their site. They have done this with the intent of answering questions to aspects that may not be clear. The aim is to be transparent and clear so that clients feel comfortable.
Some of the most frequently asked questions, as well as answers, will be listed below:
Why should I try gambling using PayPal?
PayPal is a fast, efficient and easy to use a digital wallet. It is widely accepted and reputable.
Is gambling using PayPal secure?
PayPal is secure because it keeps the clients’ financial information private. If an eligible purchase made through PayPal does not meet its described attributes or does not arrive, PayPal will refund the client. This is referred to as PayPal’s buyer protection program.
Do I need a balance in my account to start gambling using PayPal?
Yes. Although there does not need to be a balance in the client’s account, you must have funds to deposit into your chosen gambling operator. Clients can think of PayPal as the digital of an ordinary wallet.
How much does it cost to open a PayPal account?
It’s free to open a PayPal account.
Does PayPal charge for currency conversion services?
PayPal does charge for this service. The wholesale cost of foreign currency is used.
The most common issues customers need help with regarding PayPal is as follows:
- Adding money from a confirmed bank account: This is easily done by entering the amount to be transferred and pressing the “Add” icon.
- Gambling using PayPal: PayPal is a secure, legal and licensed entity. It adheres strictly to the rules and regulations in all the countries and states where it is operational. Some U.S. online gambling sites do not accept PayPal because of this. There are, however, USA online casinos that accept PayPal.
- Withdrawing casino winnings through online casinos with PayPal are very simple. The casino will deposit it into the client’s PayPal account, and it can be withdrawn by means of the client’s linked card or linked bank account.
Best Casinos that Accepts PayPal
PayPal abides by the rules. This may cause sifting through online casinos a challenge. Below are some of the new U.S. online casinos that accept PayPal.
They accept live casino PayPal deposits. They also accept online casino PayPal withdrawals. Gambling using PayPal with these providers is easy.
- Hard Rock Casino
- Harrah’s Casino
- Scores Casino
- Sugarhouse Casino
- Tropicana Casino
- Resorts Casino
- Pala Casino
- 888 Casino (online casino with sign up bonus for PayPal users)
- Mohegan Sun
- Caesars Online Casino
- Caesars Sportsbook
- 4 NJbets
- Golden Nugget Sportsbook
- Poker Stars
- Keeneland Select
All the casinos listed above are in accordance with state rules and therefore accept PayPal for gambling.
Why Use PayPal for Online Gambling?
When given so many options for sportsbook betting online, why should PayPal be selected as the preferred payment method? There are a number of reasons why gambling using PayPal is one of the better choices.
When gambling online, it can be so thrilling and enthralling, that we accidentally exceed the budget we have set. When gambling using MasterCard, our budget may be excessively exceeded. When a client uses PayPal for deposits at online casinos, they can stick to their budgets.
The safety of a client when gambling using PayPal is very highly regarded. The first aspect of this safety is in the buying and selling of a service. PayPal has features in place which aim to protect both the buyer and the seller.
In terms of U.S. casinos that accept PayPal the client is the buyer (purchasing the service) and the casino is the seller. PayPal protects both parties from fraud and scams.
The next safety feature of PayPal is that the only personal information a client needs to expose when using an online casino is their email address.
Even the most secure websites can be hacked. By using PayPal for online casinos a client protects their banking details from hackers.
In the event that some unscrupulous activity takes place, and the client can prove it, PayPal can assist. PayPal can withhold funds up to 180 days.
PayPal is digital. All a prospective player needs to remember is their email address and password. With just this information, clients can use PayPal for payments and withdrawals at U.S. casinos that accept PayPal. It is easy and convenient when compared to other options.
Some providers make use of a casino or sportsbook deposit bonus to encourage the use of PayPal as the preferred method of payment. They do this by rewarding clients who use PayPal with either bonus, credits or free spins on casino games. Software providers for online casinos that accept PayPal have made it easy for PayPal clients to claim their bonus. There are some online casinos with no deposit bonuses, such as the 888Casino Sign Up Offers of a live casino no deposit bonus for PayPal.
After having a holistic understanding of how PayPal works and the safety components associated with it, it is easy to see how it reduces risk when you choose to start gambling using PayPal. All payment methods and transactions come with their own set of risks, but using PayPal definitely minimises this.
Online gambling is an exciting form of mobile entertainment. Each online casino takes its own safety precautions to protect themselves as well as their clients. As a client, further precautions can be taken by choosing a secure payment method, and gambling using PayPal ticks the boxes.
This enhances the protective measures the casino has put in place. In terms of finding casinos that accept this payment option, there are plenty. It can also put a client’s mind at ease, knowing that their chosen online casino accepts PayPal. Users can also access their payment options through their chosen U.S. online casino apps.
Only casinos which are reputable are willing to comply with PayPal’s rules, as PayPal is one of the most reliable payment options. Clients have tremendous diversity when it comes to finding online casinos with PayPal.